Friday 22 June 2013
Thanks so much to Kim, Paddy and Matt for hosting us - wonderful hospitality, and most impressed that we got fed! Always memorable in my book! A thought provoking and thoroughly hands on day! I certainly had plenty to take away and reflect on.
I know that many of us have perhaps one or two devices per classroom, and it was great to discuss ideas about different ways to manage this. I took on Kim's advice and just let a couple of kids have devices to themselves for their morning's literacy time. The chosen children were, of course, thrilled, and I have now started to build Book Creator "experts" so that they can teach their peers.
A brief overview of the day:
- Purpose of iPads
- Learning spaces
- Literacy programme
- Learning /using and applying apps – Book Creator, iMovie, Garageband, Toontastic, Puppet Pals, Explain Everything, Inspiration
- Good learning goes hand in hand with good, quality teaching and formative practice.
- iPads to enhance the learning for the kids.
- Good pedagogy is the main drive behind integrating technology
- What skills do we want the chn to get better at?
I have included a short SAMR presentation that you may like to share with your colleagues. Looking forward to sharing in Term 3!